Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Our Policeman Lapbook

Since we just went through My Father's World Kindergarten (MFWK) with Ladybug last year, we decided to take a little break from it.  Buddy will start MFWK this fall.  He shadows Ladybug in MFW 1st and does different workbooks.  But I wanted to add in something special and personal. I asked Buddy what was something he wanted to learn more about.  He thought for a moment and said policemen.   PERFECT THEME for a Lapbook!

Here's a look at our Policeman Lapbook (for a quick tutorial on how to prepare a folder for a lapbook, click here).

Buddy showing the front of his lapbook.

Front of Lapbook: I found this FREE Adorable Police car printable online.  Buddy colored and cut it out.  I glued it one each side of the front.  Buddy decided to put (LOTS) of star stickers on the front "because it's night time and the policemen can see the constellations (SO CUTE)".




Inside 

Inside of Lapbook

Inside of Lapbook: This Lapbook is jam-packed! I love seeing Buddy open his lapbook and play.

Here's the details:

1) Fingerprints~I got the easy idea for making your own fingerprints from here.  I also included laminated pictures of Ladybug and Buddy doing their fingerprints.  


I added a removable mini magnifying glass (on velcro) to get a close-up look at the fingerprints

2) Fingerprint Book~ In keeping with the fingerprint theme, I added a fingerprint book.  We cut out fingerprints from black construction paper (but you could use ink pad) and Buddy added the correct number of "prints" on each page. Here's the link for the printable.  (Scroll down and click on Preschool Download.  Once you are on that page, scroll down to page 10)). 



Finger Print Book
3) Pattern Game~I got this game from the same link as fingerprint book (Page 5).  I put velcro on the backs of each piece after I laminated them.  

Pattern Game


4,5, and 6) Box for Pattern Game Pieces~This idea was born out of necessity.  I realized VERY quickly we needed a place for all those pattern game pieces that didn't have a home.  I hot glued a gift card box (you could also use a box from a gum package) that I had colored with a sharpie marker.
Badge~ I wanted to have some items that Buddy could remove and play with.  I found a cute printable for a badge and hat (sorry couldn't find that printable again, but this one is cute too!!) and laminated both.  The badge is velcroed on the book and hat is in a pocket.
Cute coloring sheet~I found this coloring sheet here and quickly colored it and added it as a surprise!



Police Coloring Sheet, Removable Badge and Pattern Game Piece Holder

7) Policeman Puzzle~ This cute puzzle was laminated and cut out.  I hole-punched the pocket of the lapbook and added pipe-cleaners to hold the puzzle.  Check out the puzzle here (there's also a girl policeman)!





Removable Policeman Puzzle


Back of Lapbook~ For the back of lapbook, I found this printable (page 24) of a policeman and Buddy colored it and glued it on the back.
Back of Lapbook


Well, that's it!  I hope this post has encouraged and inspired you to make your own lapbook with your little one!  

Blessings,

Jessica 



Here's some other helpful posts:

We are doing MFW 1st Grade (check out what we do each week here) with Ladybug.  
To see our daily school routine and our curriculum, click here

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Buddy treasure it. We are planning a Fireman Lapbook to make this Summer :)

    Blessings,

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete